A recently approved labor contract has significantly increased the starting pay and affected other benefits, so there’s never been a better time to start your career in corrections.
A career in corrections helps you take care of your family and enjoy life. You can have peace of mind that your family will have access to the care they need, when they need it. And with our retirement plan, new hires are still eligible to retire by age 52.5 provided they have completed 25 years of service.
Excellent Benefits Package*:
- Health Insurance (HMO or POS plans available)
- – Cost per pay period: $20 for employee-only; $40 for two-person; $60 for family
- Dental Insurance
- – Cost per pay period: $2 for employee-only; $4 for two-person; $6 for family
- Life Insurance
- – Fully-paid $50,000 policy for every full-time employee, with group rates available for additional insurance
- Full pension after 25 years of service and minimum 52.5 years of age
Vacation and Wellness:
- Vacation time: 8 hours per month, increasing to 10 hours per month after one year of service
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 floating holidays per year
- Paid sick time
- Base annual salary for a Corrections Officer Trainee starts at $42,161.60 for 40 hours per week.
- Corrections Officers receive an additional $1,560 annual hazard duty pay
- Pay differentials for weekends, and second and third shift